Monday, April 12, 2010

Dream Home Theatre

Yeah okay, people were pissing me off in the bloody bus just now. The freakin' Noise Canceling function didn't really managed to cancel out their bloody kiddy voices. Hey, that's not the bloody point now.

The point is about my dream home theatre. Okay, fine maybe it ain't really my dream home theatre it's more like a home theatre which upgrades my current set to fully realise the potential of Blu-Ray discs. Erm let's see... I wanna have the Sony HT-SF360 which complements my PS3. Haha, a HDMI Out from the PS3 to the HT-SF360 would render full 5.1channel surround sound to the 5 speakers. That would be 5 discrete channels. Currently I'm using the RCA stereo cables which are then matrixed to 5.1channels. That sure as hell ain't discrete. Therefore, I wanna have the HT-SF360. That would bring gaming to the NEXT LEVEL and serve its purpose well. Yeah it doesn't have DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD, but according to Sony personnel, it doesn't matter, what matters, is the source of the playback of the file. And since it's the PS3 in this case and it supports DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD, I HOPE that the sound quality wouldn't be affected when it converts into LPCM. Sadly the HT-SF360 doesn't support 7.1 channels of surround sound. Only 5.1 channels. Hey better than nothing right? My room ain't that big anyways :D


No comments:

Post a Comment